Well, I finally got around to doing it, I made a new website. It’s very much in the early stages, but it’s good enough to be getting on with as a starting point.
I decided to use Hugo and generate the entire thing statically, rather than use wordpress. I update things infrequently enough that having instant access content management isn’t really that much of a concern for me, so I’d rather get rid of the extra dependency on PHP and wordpress.
I’ve also pruned a lot of the old posts from the blog. Maybe 200 or so are now gone, but they aren’t any great loss either referring to things massively out of date, being full of various forms of angst and whining or generally not being very interesting.
Anyway, that’s what’s happened if you’re wondering why everything has changed!