This year I chose to be a massive cheat for NaNoWriMo by both adding to an existing work and editing it. To double down on the cheating, it isn’t even a novel, but a sourcebook for one of my favourite roleplaying games, Numenera!

Over the course of NaNoWriMo, I wrote approximately 20k additional words on my project and did 30 hours of editing, resulting in a final word count for the project of 60883.

I’ve still got a lot of work to do. I need to do all the art orders, get the actual art, get the map made for it, do all the layout, get it properly edited by someone who is not me and then publish this bad boy. All these things will cost money because I suck at them and will need to pay someone else – so I guess my next task is actually finding people to do these jobs and rustling up the money to pay them.

I Did It!

This year, like every other, I’ve been throwing myself at NaNoWriMo, desperately trying to squeeze out 50000 words of pure novelly goodness. Every year, I’ve failed, usually even before I […]